Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Kapcon is coming!



So I'm planning my game for Kapcon at the moment. The Flight of the Aristola - if it goes as I plan - will be a mix of Cthulhu, Indiana Jones and Poirot. I'm writing up the key core events and a description of the layout of the Aristola itself, then I'll be looking at statting up the characters.

With every Kapcon scenario I plan, I always try to do something a little different. I try to inject a sense of involvement for the players - sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. This year I'm going with a more traditional game, but what I've done is create 8 characters for a six player game. The goal of this is so that each game will play a little differently depending on which six characters are involved. Secondly, while the game is based on politics - rather than come up with the political situations, I will be leaving it open to the players to define the world's details. Naturally there will be guidelines - but the feel should be that each group will walk away with a very unique experience while still having a similar frame of reference to draw upon.

I like to personalise my games to suit the group. :)

Also today, I get my new glasses! YAY!!!! And I will also be confirming the existence of James P. Wow!

What a busy day I have ahead of me. :D

Hope everyone has a great day today - catch y'all later!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Mood:Chipper and happy - again!

No comments: