Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another day... another...

Well I managed to start the day off well by wishing Mum happy birthday to have her tell me it's on Tuesday. *sigh* I swear that woman changes it every year, I have yet to get the darn thing right. :D

So I'm trying to motivate myself to write again - but everytime I sit down at the computer I let myself get distracted. This time it was World of Warcraft, last time it was checking e-mails...

I think the core issue is that I'm not passionate about any of the projects I'm thinking of. Nothing is leaping out at me and saying "get going." Now the solution for me is to write anyway and eventually I'll build up momentum - but I suspect that I've allowed myself to get too complacent. It's like gym. I was doing really well before I moved down. Now I'm slowly putting on weight and getting pudgy. *sigh*

The one thing worst that depression is apathy. At least depression is a feeling. Apathy leads to procrastination which leads turning into my dad! :D

Kidding. ;)

So what am I going to do? I guess I'll put together a poll for next week relating to what project I should start. I'm thinking of reviving Evin Shir - but rethinking the plot to spread out over more books - then pitch it to either Harper Collins or Random House. If I can get a publishing house on side, I might be able to sort a few more things out for myself. :D

Well, I have to dash now... catch ya round!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Blue Planet Moderator's Guide
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance
Mood: Pretty good today

No comments: