Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Thinking, Thinking, Thinking

Right, so the new poll is up so get voting!

Anyway, I'm in a bit of an odd situation in that I'm puzzling over what to do. I'm kind of keen to study Psychology because of the career opportunities it will open up for me both as a writer, and as someone who wants to try to do some good in the world.

I'd be keen to do psych, and then a certificate in counselling and get a job as a counsellor or psychologist.

I even have started taking action on a reasonable part-time job that should help me get myself financially under control again while doing it. (Fingers crossed, folks.)

Yet on the other side, there is a good chance I could get this franchise job. Now it would be even harder work, and I wouldn't really be doing anything I loved - but I would be getting my own business out of it all. That is a major leap forward careerwise for me. A great opportunity to work, learn and become my own boss. I would have heaps of money and be on my way to sorting out my life.

OR it could all go horribly wrong and I find myself in even worse straits than I am currently in.

So what should I do? It's not an easy question to answer...

I'm putting both plans into motion - as I can have it all set up and then make my final decision when I need to.

It's funny how we often compromise on our goals to survive in life. I want to be a writer - but I have had so much difficulty getting myself interested in writing. I used to be feverish about it, but when I got burnt it really stuck.

Now I could be on the way to setting the foundations for opening up my own gaming store - which would be loads of fun and could offer me security.

Or, I could be on my way to following a greater understanding of how humans think and behave - which could help me in a number of intangible ways, as well as provide me with the qualifications to get a lot of the roles I've been trying for...

It's not an easy decision to make... I want both things. It's a case of deciding which I will enjoy and benefit from more at the moment. In true daoist fashion, I think I will act on what I can at the moment, and trust that when the decision time comes - I will make the one that I truly want to make. :)

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Angel RPG
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood: Ready to take -em on!

No comments: