Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Day for Love

Valentines Watch: Currently Five Valentines for Conan :D

Yeah, I'm keeping a count, for chuckles really. :)

You know, it's funny how many people don't want to be happy. I've been following a few discussions about how crap Valentine's day is, how commercial, how it's a bandaid over bad relationships and other such strikingly negative comments, and it seems to miss the point.

It's a day where some people actually get a chance to be their nobler selves. A chance where they can choose to show that they really do care, and that despite the strains and rigours of the rest of the year with work and schooling and Christmas and Easter and all the other things that happen in the year, they do always care. That this is a day for them to remind their loved ones after such a hectic few months.

It's also a chance for those too shy or unable to express their feelings to anonymously show how they feel and maybe build up a little nerve to actually say to that girl/guy they like "hey I'd like to go out with you." It's also a day when friends can show their love to each other and say "hey, don't feel down, people care."

Valentines day isn't just about flowers, dinner and a blow job - as one person put it - but rather it is meant to be about caring for someone. It's as bad as you want it to be, or as good. See, I used to get severely depressed on Valentines when I was younger. I had been treated pretty badly by someone I cared about and every Valentines I remembered that, and just was reminded how single and unloved I felt.

Then I decided, fuck it. That's not the point about today. So I made it my goal that Valentines to give a gift to every person I knew who was feeling like me. It felt good, and they appreciated the gesture. So in the spirit of that day...

Happy Valentine's to you all! With Love, Conan!



And I do mean it. I hope that you have a great day that includes love and happiness. :)

Speaking of which, last night on MSN I ended up talking to an old flame of mine. Which just managed to remind me that I have been loved, and I will be loved again. :)

Of course, sooner rather than later would be good. ;) lol!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Armageddon RPG
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go
Mood: Optimistic

No comments: