Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So it's time to call it a day...

Well the final count as of 10pm Tuesday is 5 Valentines. Most sent by Txt. LOL.

Not one of them were of an amorous intent - but that was never really the point. :) It was a good excuse to just have a little fun. It's not like I'm not going to tell my friends tomorrow that I care about them - but I think that it really is the thought that counts on the day too.

I sort of realised today that I probably gave the impression that Valentines holds a lot of importance to me. Well it does and it doesn't.

See, for me it is important to make the best of a day that historically gets a lot of people depressed. As I mentioned before, I want to show that I care. Because I do. Really. My heart swells whenever I think good thoughts about my friends.

The day itself doesn't matter as much, but I do know that a lot of people claim that they think it is silly, but secretly they hurt inside. Not saying anyone who reads this blog is such a person - but I am aware of the possibility. So I think it is a good thing to remind people you do care.

On the other hand, despite all my laughter and giggles - my silly countdown and all - deep down I do feel... not unloved, but reminded that there is something I'm missing out on.

It's like this. I want to be able to take someone I love to dinner on Valentines. I want to do all that schmultsy stuff - not just today, but whenever the mood takes me to show someone I love that person.

Am I in love? Well, I still think about Alex - but I suspect that is because of four years being a long time to be in love with someone.

Do I like anyone? Well I like a number of people. No-one I'd feel confident enough to ask out - most who aren't even in Wellington.

Like I said before - it's time someone came and asked me out. :) So I could be waiting a while... ;)

However, with all that said and done. I had a damn good day. Got to hang out with Fraser and his stepbrother, Dan. Which was a cool distraction. :D We had Subway, came back here and played A Game of Thrones - I was too easy on Dan who managed to beat both Fraser and Myself. I really need to learn to be more cut-throat in strategy games. :) We watched some Zim and I hung out on World of Warcraft.

Between all that, did the usual of job-hunting, organising bank issues, figuring out University plans, sorting out games for the future and generally keeping crazy busy. :)

So I hope you had a great day too! All the best!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Weapons of the Gods RPG
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood: Sleepy but positive.

No comments: