Saturday, February 04, 2006

Drinks and Popstars

So I still haven't heard back about the job interview - guess I wont hear anything now until Tuesday - but in the interim, Nick and I caught the train to Paraparaumu last night to hang out with Matt, Debz, Luke, Sam, Giffy and Eric.

When Nick and I stepped off the train we were greeted by a stunning looking Giffy dressed in a ballgown and Debz waiting in the taxi also equally well dressed. Little did we know what was waiting when we got to Matt and Debz' home.

After some Soul Caliber 2, tequila, champers and margaritas, Luke and Sam showed up and we had a blast playing singstar - of which I supremely suck with my appalling voice, although I totally owned Nick on "This Love" by Maroon 5.

More drinks, and one drunken Conan sitting outside with stomach cramps later (I hadn't eaten much on Friday, so I was somewhat more prone to alcohol than usual) we settled in to watch last year's 48 hour film project that the gang had worked on (It's a beautiful library) and then some absolutely hilarious episodes of The Mighty Boosh.

Then it was crashing the night, in which much fun was made about Giffy's dubious past and Nick's rambling conversation. Then Giffy and I learnt that when Nick mentioned that he talks in his sleep, he actually meant he rants rather loudly in his sleep.

This morning we were treated with bagels and toast, along with Berocca and Juice, before a quick game of Quiz trivia before Giffy gave us a lift back into Wellington.

All in all, a fantastic evening was had by all. :D Thanks Matt and Debbie! I had a blast. :)

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Angel RPG
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go
Mood: Tired, but cosy. :)

No comments: