Monday, February 20, 2006

A day of rest

The weekend was awesome! :)

Luke and Sam, as usual, were superior hosts. Nick surprised me with his new hair do - the highlights are very cool, just kind of weird to look at still. We spent the Saturday going for a walk on the beach. The weather in Paraparaumu was fantastic, but very hot. I had forgotten to pack my sandals, so burnt my feet on the walk to the beach. Still, a walk in the cool ocean tide was great, and much conversation was made about Chuck Norris. I am ashamed to admit I joined in said conversation.

It was unavoidable - Nick and Luke just feed off each other's energy; with that much crazy good natured humour, it's impossible to not get pulled in. Just ask Sam. :)

When we got back from the beach we decided to play a board game. I was keen to try out World of Warcraft the boardgame - it was loads of fun, Nick and I were the Alliance, and we totally were owning the Horde and our quests.

Following gaming, we had a great BBQ outside with sizzler nuggets (which Luke kept saying were a fantastic new invention), chicken kebabs and wild venison sausages. We spent some time figuring out how the sausages had gained the "wild" template, and what feats it granted. Nick and his levelling up talk have a lot to answer for...

Aslan and Shiva managed to provide additional entertainment by showing just how different they were as cats. Aslan eventually snubbed some wild venison sausage - much to our shock.

The evening was spent watching "The Place Promised In Our Early Days" which was very touching and sad. I kind of wanted huggles, but wasn't really in the appropriate company for such things. :) It had a strange ending, but is a very cool anime by the genius behind "Voices from a Distant Star."

His bittersweet views on love seem to resonate with me. His previous two films were about people who were in love but for various reasons couldn't be together. His first film was because one of the people was a cat who loved his owner, and felt for her when she kept being dumped. The second was a girl and guy who were seperated by light years as she battled aliens in a distant galaxy, while he grew older because of the difference in time for them.

"The Place Promised" had three main characters who were friends, but who gradually drift apart and then get caught up in a war. There are some bizarre twists, but I think it would spoil it to tell you what they were. In the end love kind of prevailed, but also was lost - it was a sad moment.

After that we cracked open the Xbox and played Silent Hill 4 until we were all ready to pass out. It's a damn creepy game and very very cool. We all took turns, and Nick revealed that in computer games he can only turn to the left. :D Like Zoolander. :)

After an uncomfortably hot night sleeping - I've discovered that having spent the last few months on a fold out mattress on the floor, I am more comfortable with that than on a proper bed. Nick talked so loudly in his sleep this time I could hear him through the wall too. *chuckle* Not that he was keeping me awake, I just kept waking up throughout the night.

So I was very tired the next day, and had to skip hanging out with Giffy. :( Still, it was a fantastic weekend and a great break from everything. :) Of course I always look forward to spending time with Luke, Nick and Sam. It's always a fun time. :D

So thanks again guys for a great weekend!

Today, I just took it easy, really. Looked for work and tried to just keep relaxed and calm.

Tomorrow, I'm going into University to look at my chances of signing up for a Psychology diploma this year.

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood: Positive and bouncy


No comments: