Thursday, March 02, 2006

Shiny, Happy, Bouncy, Happy, Shiny

My first day at work yesterday. It was a blast - Toys, games, friendly people and all the fun one could expect.

Not.

I like my new job, I just hope it doesn't burn me out - I'm currently working four days a week, along with studying four days a week. Doesn't take a mathematician to spot the error in those figures. :)

I've learnt that nobody is more frustrating, ignorant, irrational or arrogant than a middle-class white New Zealand housewife with a till receipt. Honestly. This is nothing against women, it's against people who think that because they have a spouse who works they no longer have to worry about fairness or the law.

Of course, many mothers were in fact nice people - it was great chatting with some of them. Also, another lesson learnt - kids can get so excited that they do literally wee themselves in the middle of a shop. Yup. I'm not looking forward to being asked to clean up after the next five year-old goes all wacky over Tractor Tom.

University is going well - I'm about to head out the door to tackle another day of lectures and start prepping myself for assignments etc...

I'm a little concerned about a couple of friends of mine. One up in Auckland is really suffering at the moment - his best friend has cancer, he's broken up with his girlfriend and he's generally feeling isolated and alone. I just wish I could be up there to take him to a movie, hang out and cheer him up. Luckily he will be coming down here for a few days when his friend comes down for some therapy, so hopefully I can spread some good vibes by then.

I'm also having a bit of a personal issue with some things on my mind. Not quite sure what to think of them or what to do. I've resolved to let them percolate in my subconscious for a while. It seems to be the time of year for all this. *sigh*

I've been thinking about how once, not too long ago (as in the last seven or so months) I had the opportunity to be in a relationship with someone. I realised I was not attracted, now. But sometimes I wonder if that was because I'm too shy or too standoffish. Strangely, when I am attracted, I get all tongue-tied and muddled. I either act all intense and pushy or I go the complete opposite.

Worse still, I sometimes tease the people I like. But I also do that with just friends, which means it becomes doubly hard to tell when I am actually attracted.

Wow - no wonder I'm still single! I'm clearly the kind of guy who needs the other party to make the first move. So what happens when I become attracted to someone like me who is waiting for me to make the move but I'm waiting to the move to be made... GAH!!!!!

See! Lack of hugs! At least Alex and I hugged a lot - I actually managed to keep going with that. Of course it was psychologically unhealthy for me - but DAMN I miss intimacy. :D

As you can tell from my rambling, I'm not angsting or upset - just kind of going through a lot of wacky thoughts at the moment. :D

Here's hoping I meet someone soon - just so that I will shut the hell up about wanting to meet someone - or have someone fall in love with me - or any of that other blather! :D

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood:Suffering from HDS - Hug Deficiency Syndrome. But still feeling perky at the same time. Ahhh the eternal paradox that is me... :D


No comments: