Monday, March 27, 2006

Assignments, Confusion, Parties and Stocktakes

Wow. I didn't get home until 2am this morning thanks to our stocktake at work. I was soooo tired.

What a weekend. So much weirdness and funness going on.

"I Have the Funnest Bedroom in the World..."


So let's get started with the weirdness. As many of you are no doubt aware, I'm in a bit of a strange place regarding relationships - as in no relationship and feeling it quite intensely at the moment. But worst of all, it feels like my ability to read signals is seriously on the fritz.

So E. at work is like a really nice and friendly design student. I wont say his name because it could cause all sorts of merry havoc at the moment. :D Anyway, on Friday we had this odd little exchange. I've gotten mixed signals before - he muddles my head I think...

E.: I'm going to be buying one of these today.
Me: *chuckles* you and your toys. You're such a big kid!
E.: What's wrong with that. I have heaps of toys in my room. I have the funnest bedroom in the world.
Me: *Raising an eyebrow and smiling slyly* Funnest bedroom in the world?
E.: *Raising eyebrow and grinning mischievously* Yep. I should invite you over sometime to see it.


At which point I kind of have a minor freak and head off to find something to do. FAST. Later on we chat again and I mention how he was talking about getting a train set to put in his room, and we natter about that for a bit and he winks and says "I definitely will invite you to see my room sometime."

*ahem*

Then later he walks up to me at the counter and says "Hey, have you got a buddy for the stocktake yet?"

I reply that no, I haven't. Then he asks me "Will you be my buddy for stocktake?"

I say, sure. He replies "Awesome!" and does the little victory dance.

But that's not the weird bit. We're heading out after work and I'm talking about heading to Vic Gaming Club when we get onto the topic of RPGs and Computer RPGs. He mentions how he'd likely get addicted to World of Warcraft, and that got to talking about flats. He then mentions that he is rarely at home because he often stays at his girlfriend's flat because she has a computer.

So I'm reaching hyper confused status here. I put it all off as confused signals and he's just cheeky and friendly.

Fast forward to last night. Okay, so I spend a bit of time doing counts. Then when I'm out on the floor counting stock, I have to climb this ladder to get to the top of one of our huge shelves of preschooler gear (might I add that the tallest shelves in the shop hold the products for the shortest customers... how weird is that?) Anyway, I'm up there and I turn to put a product down on a bench when I see E. looking at me and we share a smile. This happens throughout the night. Then, when the pizza came around we kind of end up talking - and I get the whole "are we flirting?" vibe again.

Then later, when I've completed my section and looking for work to do, he asks me to help him out in his section. So far no probs. But we start writing post-it notes to stick on each other's back when he's not looking. So I stuck a "1" to say that we had one of him in stock. He then sticks "Call me" on my back. I retaliate with "Hug me" which is returned with "Tickle Me" - you get the idea.

We then move on to cards - at which point the soft toys are being spread across the entire store in an attempt to count them - it was like a plushie political sit-in protest. :D I commented on the cute toys and E. mentions how it's cool to see I have a soft side. So I (impishly) respond with "Hey, I'm a sucker for cute things." At which point he winks at me. What the hell is going on?!

At the end of the evening I'm no less confused! There was pretty much more of this crazy behaviour all night. So I'm taking the behave and just step waaaay back response now. I am obviously so spun around at the moment I'm just going a mite loopy.

Parties


On Saturday I had the craziest time. I was invited to Giffy's Birthday and the Naomi's flat warming. I missed the train to Johnsonville and got all frazzled about what to do - the next form of transport was about an hour away - so I text Giffy and said I couldn't make it. Then texted Fraser to see if I could get a lift to Naomi's.

Giffy comes back with information for a lift, and by the time I hear back from Fraser I've already arranged transport to J'ville.

As I'm texting Fraser back, he and Dan show up. Oh dear. So I felt really guilty, but Fraser was understanding about it all. Dan was typical Dan, cheeky little blighter that he is. :D

Giffy's was a blast, although Jenni's table did disturb us with their Bottom Poking Bastards marketing campaign. Funniest thing of all, it is not as dirty as it may sound. :)

It was cool to catch up with everyone that I don't usually get to see on a regular basis - and it was great to catch up with Nick - briefly. I felt kind of bad disappearing before getting a chance to talk with him more, but I tend to find parties to not be condusive to long one-on-one conversation. The food was freaking fantastic - if you're ever in J'ville and want a good meal, check out Sawadees on Johnsonville Road. It is absolutely delicious! :D

After the party Jarrod, Brian and I rolled on over to Northland to hang out at Naomi's. My friend Stephanie (now known as Steph II) was there holding court with Gin and Damon it appears. Mash was a bit tipsy... and when I say a bit, I mean a lot. And when I say tipsy, I mean falling all over the freaking place! :D

I got to catch up with some friends again, but felt kind of blasted. So when Sam K. offered to drive us home, I was happy to get the lift home. (The walk later from Northland would have been a BITCH!) :)

We picked up Sam's girlfriend Cinders and then headed back here. Mash insisted on doing backflips off the garden wall until we managed to get him into the house and to his bedroom. At this point I went to my room and just collapsed on my bed.

Stocktake


Yep, this is an epic post today...

So stocktake was on the next day. It was a pretty full on evening, that went from midday to about one in the morning, and people were still doing things like scanning codes and the like when I left. But it was the most fun I'd had in a stocktake. We clowned around between counts and made the most of the evening. Work provided pizza, fish and chips, drinks, chocolate and sweets to keep us going through the night. E. and I even set up a little sweets picnic while we counted the boys trucks and stickers.

Assignments and other things...


Now I'm coming to the end of my post for today. I have my stats assignment to finish. It's not that big, but I'm finding it hard to get motivated. I've been hinting at the issue over the last few weeks, and some of the things I seem to be concerned about are really foci that I'm channelling my real frustration into.

I am feeling kind of lonely.

Not in the I have no friends way. But in the kind of - no one to share things with kind of way. I worry at the moment that this is going to be permanent. It's playing with my head and I'm not stopping it because I think, deep down, I don't want to. I want to feel this, to acknowledge it and figure out a solution.

I long to kiss someone. That most of all. Odd, isn't it. I don't want to have sex (not that I mind it, but I can take it or leave it), I want to have someone to hold and kiss and share silly jokes with.

I want to be in a real relationship for the first time in my life.

Yep. It's what I've talked about before - but the sensation and sense of urgency has gotten stronger as of late. I'm not too sure as to why, but it definitely is pressing on my mind that it wants to be seen to.

Maybe it's just the time of year...

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Lifespan Development
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood:A little mixed between lonely and content


No comments: