Saturday, December 31, 2005

Preparing to enter the new year

Strap in kiddies - the year is almost over and that rollercoaster of life is about to crank it up again.

Here's hoping that next year brings more happiness, peace and goodwill to the world. No, really. I'm not just going all Pepsi commercial on you. Over the first five years of the new millennium I have seen humanity fall into the worst examples of human selfishness and greed.

Not to say that it's all bad - we have also seen some of the brightest acts of kindness in years as well. But I can't shake the feeling that time is ticking now. Some say we have seven years before something happens. Notably the Mayans (or was it the Aztecs, I'll have to google this later and update you) listed in their calendars that what effectively calculates to the year 2012v is when everything stops. Now I suspect that it was just that a few thousand years ago someone said "Hey, y'know we've written up the calendar for the next several THOUSAND years. Why don't we give it a break."

And then the Spanish invaded.

So rather than being all doomsday, I just want people to think about what IF the world ends in seven years. What could you do in those seven years to be able to face the end of time and say "it's okay, I'm ready now."

I personally feel that I need to work on developing my compassion more, my self-image and try to find out how to overcome my personal foibles.

So here is to a happy holiday and the hope that maybe humanity will wake up and realise that EVERYONE can make a difference.

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Weapons of the Gods RPG; Prey by Michael Crichton
Mood:Hopeful

No comments: