Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thoughts for the day

WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING?!

Okay, so I went to the X-men III screening at Readings around midnight last night/this morning. Because so many people haven't had the chance to see the movie, I will give some of my thoughts in the comments section of this post so that they don't have to suffer the spoilers.

The short summary: Don't go to this film.

I've been gradually puzzling through a number of issues that I'm keen to talk about, but still am not quite at the point of discussing them fully. Part of what I have been thinking about is my place in the universe. About my views on religion and why I dislike the relativist approach to thought and morality. But these are still not formed to a point where I would be willing to take any form of stand about them.

So I'm kind of in a limbo state today - partly (I feel) due to my feelings about XMen III.

I'm also nervous about this business. In less than a week I will be taking action in setting the business up. Then we will see...

Last night I also went on a kind of date. It went reasonably well - but again, I don't feel there is any long-term possibility there. Still, at least with this guy I'm willing to give it a shot and see myself proven wrong.

While we were walking down Cuba street we overheard these girls interviewing pedestrians. They were asking "If you could change one thing in the world to make it better, what would you change?"

The usual Miss World type answers were trotted out, K. (my date) termed that phrase. You know world peace, poverty, family, children - but with no real thought about how those things would effect the world. While we were walking away, K. turned and asked me what my answer would be.

I didn't even stop to think much, I just turned and it popped out of my mouth - Improve how people communicate with each other.

It wouldn't fix the world, but it would be a starting point. Too often we hold back what we think or feel, or when we express these things they get confused and mixed up - creating miscommunication.

If we could better communicate without fear of the wrong impression being made - how much better (or worse) would the world be?

It gives you something to think about.

Of course I need to keep working on this theory before I commit to it - after all, my communication skills are not grade A, otherwise I'd be able to explain my ideas more clearly. :)

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading:Not much at the moment.
Currently Playing: Exalted
Mood: Thoughtful


No comments: