Monday, August 14, 2006

Dreaming...

CONfusion was fantastic! Sure, I managed to sell product at the event, but it was also a lot of fun to just hang out with other gamers just playing boardgames all day. :) I'm keen to play in some of the scenarios next time - so I'm hoping to come up with a way to do that and still keep the stall running. But that is for next year.

Now it is a case of getting this printing service sorted out - Gordon is still dragging his heels - and finally having the website active. Then I can look at advertising across the net.

So I've been having some strange dreams recently.

The first one was about Jeremy - my Archnemesis. I haven't seen Jer in years, but we had a ripsnorter of a falling out that led to us having a rather antagonistic relationship. It's funny how I thought myself mature back then, but now I realise how stupid I had been and how much I helped lead things to the explosive situation that it ended up being.

Anyway, in my dream we finally met each other again and there was a certain weariness. We were trying to heal the friendship and inadvertantly we started making out. I remember waking up feeling kind of... relieved and sad at the same time. I'm wondering what my brain is trying to tell me.

The next dream was a confused one where I was with some of the WARGS crowd, I think, and Emile showed up. I have no idea why, and I was introducing him to everyone. There was a strange atmosphere in the room and I was trying to measure what was going on. It was kind of weird because Emile was dressed in a blue hawaiian shirt.

In my dream last night things were REALLY strange. I was a time-traveller (Or someone was, it kept changing) and I was going back to some point in the late nineties. This woman who was going to help train me to go back in time was explaining that the 90s weren't as war-torn as history mentioned. I was asking if I could go see someone I knew back then (although I don't know who it was) and she started to ask if I was going to be taking a bottle of wine and started making all sorts of suggestive expressions. Then it kind of switched into a bizarre anime style thing with other people going back in time and being all nasty and weird... then my alarm woke me up.

At the moment I'm trying to make some decisions about my emotional state. More than once these last few days I've been finding myself wondering if I can allow someone to love me, and how I intend to find someone. I'm feeling more and more like the world is spinning out of control. I worry about the future and what could be done to help making things better.

As an aside - how many people have seen the missing posters around town. I'm sure I saw that guy at Vics club a couple of times prior to his going missing. I'm hoping he's just run off with some friends and hasn't contacted anyone yet. Otherwise... I'm hoping that he is okay. I'm hoping we'll all be okay. The world seems to becoming a more and more apathetic place. I don't want to live the rest of my life in a world like that. I want the hopefulness that we started this millennium off with - not the violent, fearful place it is becoming.

:(

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Pendragon 5th Edition
Currently Playing: The Grand Experiment; Exalted: The Seventh Legion
Mood:Worried


No comments: