Monday, August 21, 2006

A Day Off

I made the decision to take a stress day off to sort things out. I've looked over what I need to do to help get my business profitable - it is going to take about a year before ESG turns a profit. That's okay, at least I can now see that it is possible. :)

However, I'm going to need to sort things out in the interim. One issue is that I still can't seem to get a small business grant - which is what is holding everything up. I called WINZ and got flatly told that I had to be unemployed for 26 weeks before I could get a grant. >:( Which is stupid, to put it bluntly. If I can produce a good business plan (which I have) and proof that it can potentially grow to turn a profit, then I should be able to apply for a grant. Why have all this talk about getting more small businesses up and running if you wont support the people who try.

Once again, being a 30-something who isn't lower-class ends up working against me.

So I'm going to go into WINZ later today to see if there is some other solution - I was told by someone else that they managed to get a grant without having been registered for 26 weeks... so I'm going to ask what the HELL is up.

Googling is certainly not proving to be helpful either... which is frustrating me as well. I've come to realise that I still need about $4-8k to be able to boost the business up efficiently. Not that I can't do it without that money - but I will need to start seeing some income soon.

Since CONfusion I have had absolutely no money come into the business. Just going out.

Part of the problem is that the printer I was relying on has assed around and not done anything, and the website has still not reached a point where I can advertise it to people yet.

Now if I wasn't working at TW I could have spent time focusing on those issues and got something underway. But I need to have my expenses covered in that time. *sigh*

I'm not really sure what to do. I've written my resignation for work - and I'm hunting jobs today. Hopefully that will net me something...

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Nothing really at the moment
Currently Playing: Exalted: The Seventh Legion
Mood: Still feeling stressed

No comments: