Monday, April 10, 2006

What the world needs is more confusion...

Craziness strikes again. I ended up being called into work at about midday when one of the staff called in sick.

What a day of work it was. We're setting up for the approaching school holidays, so I found myself up to my eyeballs in stock to shelf out in the store.

It was a crazy day with Tom and Blaire going at each other hammer and tongs - essentially enjoying the opportunity to mock and tease each other. I, being the center of calm that I always am, found their banter extremely hilarious. The things people do to make the day go by...

I also got a text from Danny up in Auckland - one of the loveliest guys you'll ever meet - and was surprised to hear that he and his wife are looking at buying a house! Wow!

Now I'm not that old, but whenever I hear that a friend has married or bought a house, I can't help buy feel old. Of course, I am slowly setting up some things for myself at the moment that could bring about some very interesting times indeed...

In the mean time I am chatting more with one of my prospects from last week. The other is still to get back to me, but M. is proving to be a very nice and likeable guy. There has even been talk of possibly meeting for a coffee and seeing if we want to date.

While all this is going on - and I am definitely getting a whole "world is changing" vibe at the moment - I'm getting somewhat confused about some of the people around me. Particularly at work, but also in general. Sometimes people say the strangest things.

I am left scratching my head in befuddlement at the motivations of some people.

Oh well. I was going to try and write something very witty here - but my brain is so full of guff for Exalted and work and my secret plans of secretness... it is a bit difficult to come out with anything witty. :)

So have a good night all!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Exalted 2e
Currently Playing: Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
Mood: On target for some big changes!


No comments: