Sunday, April 02, 2006

Blogs, Friends, Exalted, and more loopiness

What is it about me and anyone called Alex?

Within the last few days I have found out that Lex and Xander both had crushes on me, Alex (who apparently everyone thought I was dating, I wasn't.) is coming down to Wellington in a couple of months for a training exercise.

If I was more of a superstitious man, I'd think something was going on... :) But it probably has more to do with being at a club with so many people called Alex there. It's kind of like Wellington with all it's Nicks. :) Not to say that I'm likely to be getting into any such situations with any Nicks in the near future - you're all safe guys. :D

Moving right along...

I've added a new blog to my links - halfcatfacelose is my brother, Henley's blog. If there is one person on this planet who can always make me laugh or feel better - it's Henley. Despite all things apparent, he's a pretty on to it guy.

Which reminds me that I was certain that I was going to put someone else's blog on my list too - but I can't remember who they were. So anyone whose blog isn't on my list and is a good and close friend - send me your blogs and I'll rectify the matter soon. :)

Last night saw Nick (lol), James, Luke, Paul, Sam and I giving the new Exalted 2e a run for its money. While the scenario was a demo one and not an academy award winning plot - it was LOADS of fun.

There are some cool things to note:

  • The Ticks system, while seeming complicated, is actually pretty straight forward in actual play. It also prevents the person with the highest initiative from just owning the battle, rather there is a benefit to thinking tactically. Going first is less valuable if you have a large weapon that takes a lot of time to use. There is a benefit to thinking about how your speed will place you later in the fight as simultaneous actions all happen at the same time - meaning that even if you kill an opponent there is still a chance he can kill you. This leads to some very cool sequences like when there ended up a tick pile-up around the third turn where virtually everyone was going at once - it was AWESOME!

  • Social Combat has a lot of potential for some very cool tricks and sequences. Luke described a great character concept that uses Social Combat to wear down an opponent before a fight - essentially the opponent is so convinced that Luke's PC is the coolest thing on earth that the opponent doesn't really have the will to fight. :D

  • The charms for solars are just rocking now. Some are virtually unchanged, but most have nice subtle tweaks. The use of Excellencies is very cool.

  • Animas, antagonists... *drool* this is just an awesome game all around!



  • Well I met E's girlfriend on Friday. She's quite cute and very friendly - and struck me as being the sort of personality that would suit E. to a tea.

    Then, E. starts flirting again. I sometimes wonder if he's even aware that he's doing it! Like, it seems to just be his natural state of being - flirtatious. Or maybe it's just that I'm being flirtatious and he's responding - I don't know which is worse. All very confusing - on a cerebral level I'm thinking "yep, just leave it. It's just good natured fun." On an emotional level though - at the subconscious point - I'm thinking "what?! Huh?! But?! Where?! I don't get it! Hug me!" lol.

    I think my subconscious is feeling a little underappreciated. :D

    Anyhoop - enough of my bizarre ramblings...

    I have two tests to prepare for - so I will catch y'all later. :D

    Love and Huggles

    Conan

    Currently Reading: Research Methods
    Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance; Unknown Armies - To Go; Mage: The Awakening - Threshold
    Mood:Determined to do well in my tests!


    No comments: