Saturday, March 31, 2007

When Opportunity Knocks...

Wow. When it rains, it pours. I've just been offered a very attractive role at my old employer's TW. It is a big position, with intimidating scope and the opportunity to be one of the people who gets to call the shots. I will be able to make the job my own and even dictate much of what the role will involve.
It will pay more than any job I have previously had, and the experience and training offered is phenomenal - It will benefit me greatly for the future...
I have also gotten the hint that someone else is preparing an offer for me, regarding ESG. This other offer could be not quite as impressive financially, but I would likely have even more control over the role that follows.
Finally, my current employer has gotten wind of all this - because of some judicious use of language by myself - and is preparing a counter offer to keep me working for him.
Wow.
So what should I do?
Option 1 is initially more attractive, but will be high stress, very difficult and will require me to close down ESG. This is a problem because I still have considerable outstanding debts that a clearance sale wouldn't clear up, but another year just running the business will likely pay off.
Option 2 is currently a rumour, so I don't really want to speculate on it yet.
Option 3 is also a bit uncertain, but it means less money now and less knowledge gain - but I get to run my business and try to grow it out. Fingers crossed and all that. :)
So what do you all think I should be focusing on?
Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Like the Flowing River
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun; Orpheus: Shades of Gray
Mood: Facing some great opportunities...

4 comments:

hix said...

What do you value?
Money?
Opportunity to learn?
Responsibility?
Autonomy?
Security?
Other?

Seraph said...

Do whatever will allow you to crush your enemies beneath your gauntleted fist !

( but seriously - do whatever will make you happiest ).

Anonymous said...

You mean anything that will crush your enemies, see them running before you and hear the lamentation of their women?

Jack Dee said...

You got to play the game Conan,
get someone to drop hints and clues on your behalf to the effect that you are in great demand right now.
Start a bidding war over you and see how high it can go.
You've worked for a long time to get here, leverage your position for as much as you can.
P.S. keep on Rockin'