Friday, March 23, 2007

12-Week-Challenge: Status Quo and Breaking Through

It's 7:30am and I've just come from the gym. Today was meant to be my 20-minute cardio session, which I do on every alternating day from weights. Unfortunately I was only able to do about 9 minutes before I totally clapped out.
Now I tried pushing myself, but I probably could have pushed further. What I do know is that it was fatigue from another late night that compounded the situation. I had eaten enough this morning to have the energy to cycle, but I had felt drowsy this morning.
Yesterday Reno (my trainer) and I did a weigh in and found that I had basically had no noticeable change over the last month. The work I've been doing has just caused my body to hit status quo. So we've altered my programme to break through this easy stage and push my body further.
The side-effect is that yesterday's work-out left me feeling exhausted, and a late night followed by an early morning has left me even more drained. So it will be an early night for Conan tonight. :)
What the really big issue about this is that I have to discipline myself to break through the initial urge to give up when doing cardio, and complete the exercise. I know I can do it, I have before.
Then again, we do have bad days - it's just that I've had a couple of those.
The other option is that I lower the intensity of the cardio exercise, or change the exercise I'm doing. I'm keen to change the exercise, as the problem is mostly in my legs feeling fatigued too early on in the exercise. Of course today I think my heart was a little too strained too...
Either way, I shall not give in! :D
Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Like the Flowing River
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun; Orpheus: Shades of Gray
Mood: Not giving in!

No comments: