Monday, March 12, 2007

Writer's Block, Toxins and Life...

Another week another... well... it's hard to say.

Megaroleplaying Weekend was, as last time, a blast. I had a lot of fun playing a large variety of games including Capes, Best Friends, Spirit of the Century and more! It was great!

On the converse side something have not been so grand...

Firstly, I arrived to work today to find that toxic fumes from the adhesive laying going on in the shop construction next door had been seeping into the shop. Our manager showed his acute skills by making us work still for close to six hours before letting us go home - because he wanted to make sure that someone was there to collect suits from customers rather than arrange for them to return tomorrow. Admittedly that would have put us behind a day, but considering that I got serious head spins and lost all sense of taste for a large part of the day - I would have preferred the extra work on Tuesday.

Needless to say, I was not impressed - even though we had most of the fumes out of the shop by 2pm. I'm feeling better now, but my head still feels light and not quite right...

Secondly, I tried to get to work on my novel to find that I have a SERIOUS case of writer's block. I've worked on ideas for this book for a very long time that I think I may have prevented my mind from continuing with the project right now. I'm not really sure what to do to get the words flowing again. I'm probably going to drop from the Fading Suns project - my head just hurts too much, and I need to be making more time for my own projects.

On that note - I really want to get into directing film as well. However there just isn't enough time for me to run a business, study film-making, write a novel, do this exercise program, run Exalted... you're getting the idea.

So I need to pick a thing and focus. For me, that's my novel. Writing a screen play and making a movie requires a lot of other people - and most of the film people I know are busy with other projects anyway. :) That brings me back to the problem at hand - writer's block.

What should I do?

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Burning Empires
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun; Orpheus: Shades of Gray
Mood: Just feeling a little dizzy and tired...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

writing excercises? Like, something completely unrelated to your novel.

Suggestions: invent a new character, and write a scene about them.

Make yourself a challenge, like write a short story with three elements in it. (polar bear, strawberries and a dentist, for eg.)

Just have some fun getting words flowing and once your brain is used to it again you can try on your novel.