Monday, March 05, 2007

12 Week Challenge: Weeks 2 & 3

The twelve week challenge continues. In Week Two everything went well, and I slowly got on top of my nutritional diet - I find it kind of funny how people automatically think any food with fat in it is unhealthy. Dieting isn't about avoiding fat, it's about being smart about what you do choose to eat.

Furthermore, different diets achieve different results. I'm aiming to tone, lose weight and build muscle. To do that it is more important to be thinking about what I need to put into my body - like Protein and Carbs. I need to eat a considerable amount of carbs in the morning to give me energy, and more protein in the evening to help my muscles recover and grow stronger.
Over the course of the last three weeks I have lost 4kgs, gained a 1kg of muscle and generally improve my health.
Having said all that, now at the end of Week Three I had a bit of a hiccup. Sunday left me feeling unwilling to go to the gym, so I made it my day off and went in today. However my body was feeling lethargic and unwilling to do the exercise - which is likely due to my not eating as well yesterday compared to normal. With Mega Roleplay Weekend coming up this weekend too I am likely to miss another day along the lines.
So I will be spending some of this week replanning my programme to account for that. It's just a small delay, I'm hoping that I can overcome it.
I am getting results though - and that is ALL good. :)
I think I've just taken on too much recently. Last week was a very stressful and busy week. Missing couriers, trying to keep my financial flow moving - the business is slowing down at the moment (which is to be expected at this time of year.)
Currently I am helping with the editing of a manuscript for a gaming company, trying to keep the business afloat, work my fulltime job, run Exalted, prepare of MRPW, play in Orpheus, doing this programme, watch what I eat, overcome some of my silly thoughts and get enough sleep.
It's kind of exhausting. I wish I could just take more time off to just stop and do absolutely nothing for an entire week.
I think this is the problem with the world today - it's not natural for humans to work in this way. We're supposed to stop when our bodies tell us to so that we can recover and relax. I think the human world is poorly structured to handle relaxation. We have this flawed idea that it is something that we earn in our older years and then allow ourselves to slip into senility.
Sure, I'm kind of thinking all over the place today - but I think that we, as a society, need to think more about life outside of work. Siesta's would be a good idea - sleeping a bit during the day is not bad at all...
I think that's the key thing for me at the moment - the desire to just sleep for a whole day... Wish I could take a stress day off - but I've been taking enough time off recently...
Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: White and Black Treatises
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun; Orpheus: Shades of Gray
Mood: Sleepy, but feeling good.

No comments: