Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Dreams...

The night before I had the strangest dream.

I had moved into a place with some people - can't remember who now, but they were friends - in an area that was kind of like the rocky landscape around desert road. I went for a walk along the roadside and over a hill to see a bay with a city that seemed reminiscent of Auckland - while also a lot more complex at the same time.

I was walking with a chinese woman who I was saying to her "You used to be such a bitch when we first moved in six months ago, but you're not bad at all." We were getting along and talking when we came down into the bay and stood on a concrete footpath that was at the water's edge.

There was a railing, and people were standing around looking at the boats and others who were swimming in the water. I looked across the bay to a point that reminded me of the building near Kelly Tarltons in Auckland. A yellow rectangular object flew straight up into the air and then came across the bay towards it, it was like a mini-bus with a helicopter blade keeping it up in the air. I commented on how foolish it was, while my companion climbed onto the railing and then jumped into the water for a swim - smiling all the time.

Then I looked up as people pointed to the clouds in front of us. A black swirling mist roiled out of the clouds - people talked about a storm approaching. I thought it was best to get home to take shelter, as I moved away, I looked back at the city and saw a giant misty black shape reminiscent of a demon stalking through the stormclouds, then the shape changed into a cloud that looked like a detailed Zeus figure with glowing eyes that looked straight at me.

I fled, thinking I needed to get home before the storm struck. I started flying, feeling that sensation I often get when I dream of flying - a pressure at my temples as I literally will my body off the ground, the feeling of my feet pushing away from gravity. I lay horizontal and pushed at the earth with my hands, gathering momentum as I sped low across the ground, then gained some height - leaping over people and other obstructions, but as I gained height, a grey-haired guy dressed in a suit kept trying to grab my feet and pull me down.

He kind of reminded me of an evangelist, talking about god or christ or something like that. I avoided him, but lost control and started coming to the ground. The police showed up as I was trying to explain to them that his man was trying to stop me from doing what I had to. They were about to intervene to help me when I woke up...

It was a very potent dream, and I can still remember most of the details even now. It wasn't creepy as much as disturbing, like I'm missing something important.

Odd...

Hope you all have a good day!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: REIGN
Currently Playing: Scion: Hero; WFRP: Paths of Darkness
Mood: Happy because I got my copy of REIGN!

No comments: