Sunday, July 15, 2007

Meet Conan the Sneezy Giant

So I have another flu! This one is certainly more aggressive than the one I had a week or so back. I am currently shivering uncontrollably, all wrapped up and with the heater on full. :P

As it so happens, our Landlord has finally decided to have a flat inspection, three years since his last visit (apparently.) Which is a little stressful. I want to get a skip bin to throw out my crap sofas, but to be realistic, with the upcoming bills, I just can't justify the expense. Or more accurately, I can't afford it - because it would mean no food for Conan! (Well, very little food.)

I feel so under the weather - and I have to head into work tomorrow, because the manager has decided that he wants just one more day of his holiday - which leaves me doing the same as I did last week, coming into work even though I am seriously seriously ill.

It's pretty rough out there in the real world. ;)

I kind of need to go in anyway - I have a customer's order to send off by courier, and I have no lemsip at home. Or any other flu medication. *sigh*

Naturally all this is just temporary problems, they'll be dealt with and sorted out eventually - but I have been thinking about how it would be if I had to go back to Auckland to try and stabilise. It has been really difficult getting into a proper pattern down here.

I had finally started working things out up in Auckland before the A-bomb. Not that I'm blaming Alex, it was my decision to uproot and move down here. But I have kind of been seriously untethered since I got here.

There is Evin Shir Games, and that still is showing potential. As predicted, the sales are beginning to take an upturn again. But I'm not really satisfied. I don't want to be rich, but I would like to feel that I'm in a pattern that is going somewhere I want to be.

Project TWC is likely to be a good route - and it is something that is really keeping me focused at the moment. But it has meant that I'm over-extending myself somewhat, which is probably why I have caught two bugs in almost as many weeks. (By the way, when you're ill, your IQ drops by about 50%. Take that Dr Flynn! I have done so many silly things while I've been sick...)

I think the most tragic thing of all at the moment is that I want to just sit in front of my computer when I should be in bed. But I actually don't know what to do. :D

I could work on some scripting, but I want to wait for the Story Meeting next week. I could work on my novel, but my head is so clogged up I'm having trouble coming up with anything better than "It was a dark and stormy night..." and then having Snoopy show up and do something. :D

So I'll probably head to bed soon and hope that I have a better nights sleep than last night. I'd go out to get some lemsip - but finances and the biting chill prevent me. *sigh* As long as I can survive to Wednesday, it will be fine. :)

Update: Well I'm feeling worse today, and the manager at work asked *me* to call up a replacement because he's still on holiday until tomorrow. >:(

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Burning Empires
Currently Playing: REIGN, WFRP
Mood: Feeling very under the weather

No comments: