Thursday, May 24, 2007

Web Projects, The Movies, Hanging out...

It's my day off work today. So I'm chilling here with Uriel - what a sexy computer! - and planning out ideas for my Web Project. I wont reveal too much here, but it is going to be a kind of Insider's Guide to Happiness with more of a humorous edge and a different approach to the surreal aspects.

It will, naturally, be a small budget affair. I'll be looking for volunteers to help with the writing, acting, and production based aspects. The idea will be produce a series of 5-10 minute episodes (more on that once I've worked a bit more on the core concept) which will be shown on YOUTUBE.

I'll then set up a website with higher definition versions of the episodes for download.

The idea behind the project is to get practice in with making a series of short films, and maybe even start a new web following. I have some cool ideas for the series - and with Fraser's help I hope to develop them.

Today I'm looking at getting some footage of Wellington to play with and start building a visual library of Wellington shots for the series. There is also a gym visit and a few other activities in the works today. :)

Laters!

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Magnum Opus
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun
Mood: Bubbly and Excited

5 comments:

Seraph said...

You intrigue me, Mr. Conan ...

Conan said...

Currently I'm plotting and planning, but I will eventually be looking for:

- Actors
- Scriptwriters
- General Advisers with film-making knowledge to help with lighting and shot composition.
- Producers to help with planning shooting schedules...

That kind of thing. I'm very serious about making this project work. :) If it takes off well enough, I may even apply for a grant!

Seraph said...

Well - I'm always keen on acting and writing. But heck - it's great to learn and take part with anything !

BubbaJay said...

Dude, give me a shout out if you want some help with script/ideas, the Rebel Faction writing team is behind you buddy!!

Conan said...

Fantastic news to hear! :)

Well I'm pushing ahead with the initial conceptual work and will aiming to have a rough draft script written within the next couple of weeks!

Yeah, Conan doesn't mess around. I'm keen to see this project going from the beginning, so no losing momentum! :D