Monday, May 07, 2007

Crazy Blogs, New Projects

Gah! I've been trying all morning to get this blog working properly - it seems that Google has had some sort of crazy internal error that made it think my text was a spyware virus! Bizarre!
Anyway...
I've been up to a lot recently - what with recovering from Armageddon, attending the Wellington Wedding show and finishing my twelve-week-challenge. Yes, it has been over twelve weeks since I started my exercise regime, and the results have been fantastic!
Now it's time to turn to a new project - the 48 Hour Film Challenge. I've signed up with Gino's team, and we had our first production meeting last weekend. It was very exciting, and I'm looking forward to getting involved. Best of all, I'm directing! WOOT! I've been wanting to give film directing a go for a long time, so it's really exciting that I've been offered the role.
Of course it's such a small team we'll all be helping each other out - but it will still be a great experience and I'm sooooo looking forward to it. :D
I picked up Scion: Hero the other day too - from my competitor, but I'm not going to have the game for another six weeks and I simply couldn't wait any longer...
It's very cool. A much streamlined version of the Exalted system, and it makes me wonder why 2e didn't go so simple... *shrug*
Burning Empires is also looking very cool. I'm really enjoying the unique elements that make it stand out so much. It has a very interesting approach to how players and the GM interact with each other and the game. I'll do a proper review at a later date.
I've got to go now, I need to print out Scion and Wild Talents material to be prepared for the gaming group tonight. :)
Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Scion: Hero
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun
Mood: Feeling great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The streamlining rule stuff sounds cool, one of the best things about it.

I will be interested in hearing whether you can play Scion, without wanting to play Fireborn :)

Conan said...

I think they are quite different beasts - although similar genres. Scion is a bit more polished, but lacks the cool of the choreographic combat that made Fireborn so cool. :)

The streamlined rules though - they are more like what I had originally expected from Exalted 2e. For example, multiple actions are limited to two actions with a -4 penalty on the dice roll, with only one roll. That's right, firing twice? Roll once and apply the results to both actions. Two different actions? Roll the smallest pool -4 dice and apply the result to both actions.

I may be looking at converting Exalted 2e into Scion mechanics!

Conan

Anonymous said...

Yeah the multiple action thing is very cool, and they also dropped the social and mass combat rules which never quite felt done.