Friday, February 09, 2007

Preparations, Family and Auckland

Well I am currently writing this from Auckland. With the approach of the Battle Cry Convention - where I will be setting up a stall for ESG - I've come up a day early to stay at my Dad's place.

Preparing for Battle Cry has been a pretty gruelling exercise - it's hard to judge what the best approach would be, as I couldn't take nearly as much stock as I brought along to Kapcon. On the converse side, I didn't sell huge quantities at Kapcon, and given that Battle Cry has only one actual break in its programme - I'm not expecting to sell huge quantities at BC either.

So I've tried to pack a reasonable amount of product, and I'm having to seriously think about the prices I'm going to charge to make sure I don't have to carry or courier too much back to Wellington. So here's hoping that I manage to have a successful convention. :)

Dad's place is an interesting home. I'm not really sure how else to put it. It feels big and spacious, I'm staying in a granny flat downstairs which has got me thinking that I might like to look at living on my own for a while sometime this year. I'm not sold on the idea yet - living on your own is HIDEOUSLY expensive - but I'm liking the idea.

Maybe if ESG takes off and next time I get a raise at FCs I might look into moving into a single bedroom place. :)

I'm going to be arranging to catch up with Steve at some point this weekend... kind of nervous about that too.

All in all, it looks to be a good weekend.

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Body for Life
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun
Mood: Feeling good

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey you =) how are you finding it being back i Aukl? ever miss it?

who are you living with at the moment?

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Conan said...

I'm enjoying Auckland - but I don't miss it. I love Wellington, it really feels like home to me.

Still... I went out to a party tonight with my non-ex, Steve. Basically he and I kind of had a thing but we didn't at the same time.

Tonight we were both kind of flirty and I considered if I would move back up for him in the event that he asked me to... the answer?

I'm not really sure yet. :)

Conan