Tuesday, February 20, 2007

12-week-challenge: Week One

Today I began Week Two of my 12-week-challenge at the gym. So let's look back at how my first week went.

Starting off, my trainer gave me a laugh unintentionally when we did another fitness test. The last time I did a fitness test was the last time I went to the gym almost a month ago. In the interim - where I was not doing a heck of a lot of exercise or particularly watching my diet - I somehow managed to lose a kilo of fat and gain about a kilo of muscle instead.

My trainer said "and that was doing my program" which caused me to chuckle under my breath. I didn't have the heart to mention I hadn't been doing any exercise at all in that time. Go figure. :) Still, to be fair, I have been walking more again. And I did some heavy lifting prepping for Battle Cry.

Anyway - on with the program. I have been surprised at how quickly I have changed my diet. It has been subtle - I don't drink soft drinks anymore, I don't eat any chocolate unless it is a protein cookie or bar, I haven't had any deep-fried foods, and I have tried to stick to salads and protein heavy foods.

My body has been in a lot of pain recently due to my workouts - it's that good deep tissue ache though. I, being a true scorpio, kind of like it. :)

The new regime if pretty good, although my bench press exercise has been a bit on the heavy side. I had to throw the barbell off me at one point! So we'll see what happens when I talk to my trainer on Thursday.

All in all, I've been feeling pretty upbeat and good about it all.

Of course there are some other things to talk about - like my trip to Auckland... but I'll leave that for another day. :)

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Godlike
Currently Playing: Exalted: Nexus of the Sun; Orpheus: Shades of Grey
Mood: Feeling psyched and ready to take on the world!

No comments: