Sunday, January 29, 2006

BBQs and Comfort

First off - I need to get a proper digital camera, the one on my phone is the suxx0rs. :D

Thanks heaps and big ups to Norman for a truly memorable BBQ that was loads of fun.


Debbie admires the softness and beauty of Giffy's hair...

"Oh my god, Nick and Conan have just levelled up!" - Debbie comments on how good a hot tub foot massage can get...

Wow, we had a blast. While I was at the BBQ Paul mentioned that he had got the impression that I was loving Wellington by missing my old friends from Auckland. However, I'm realising that I just love my friends down here too. They are fun, exciting and interesting people. :) We had a complete ball, with lots of interesting conversation. Morgue gave me some good reasons to think about roleplaying in a different perspective, Fraser proved that covering your crotch with a plastic bag is always sure to get a laugh and Norman taught us the problem of escalation when he retaliated against a water pistol by bringing out the hose and spraying Debbie liberally with it.

Although attempts were made to get Nick's t-shirt wet, Debbie and Little Cat were able to get him into the spa - where a record nine people were eventually squeezed in. Morgue has photographic evidence of this feat!

We all had a great time - and much humour and bon vivant abounded despite the murky weather. :D

Now I sit here feeling really good - but also a little melancholy. It's probably just me being silly, but I kind of feel a bit... well not lonely, because there are so many very cool people who have managed to make me feel like I belong somewhere now - in fact I felt more at home than ever before - but now that I'm home... well I think you know what I mean.

I don't mean a sex partner or something silly like that - but I want to be part of a couple. There were several couples there today, and I didn't feel jealous, I just felt like I really wanted to experience what they had. That wonderful sense of being a team, a partnership - with all its foibles. :)

That's why I'm melancholy. Here I am needing to worry about a job and my future, and I'm thinking about how I wanted to walk in the door arm in arm with someone, curl up in front of the television before bed and talk about what a cool BBQ it was and how much fun we'd had before snuggling in and preparing for tomorrow.

I haven't kissed anyone in a long time - and that is one of my favourite parts of being with someone, being able to kiss whenever the urge takes you to.

I'm a damn fine kisser, if I say so myself. :D Right up there with my hugs. I'm a very tactile person when it comes to being affectionate. :D

But I'm probably boring you.

The BBQ was certainly fun. I am feeling very warm and fuzzy. I would have stayed longer, but I felt that strange melancholy sense and realised that I was feeling tired - I'm going to bed soon. I feel so balanced and happy. I love my friends and genuinely care about all of you guys.

I feel like I've come home.

Love and Huggles

Conan

Currently Reading: Blue Planet Frontier Justice
Currently Playing: Fireborn - Rememberance
Mood: Warm and loving. Wanting to snuggle up with someone...

No comments: