Thursday, April 14, 2005

Tattoos, Blogs and the Secret of Zir'an

Tattoos

So I was just reading this thread on RPG.net about people getting game symbols tatooed on their body. It is amazing the kinds of debates that tend to break out on the open gaming forums. Is getting a tattoo really that lame? I have sometimes toyed with the idea, but I'd get something more stylised - like George Clooney's in "From Dusk till Dawn."

Except I keep thinking of what it would look like in about fifty years from now. Brrrr. :D

Tattoos are an interesting topic, because for some people it is almost an addiction and for others it is a very spiritual thing. Me? I think it would take something pretty damn important to convince me to mark my body. :D

It's almost the same reason as to why I don't wear any jewellry or accessories like rings or necklaces/chains. These are things that I feel are important signs of a commitment or memory. For me to wear a ring, there would need to be considerable significance behind it. Of course there is the added issue that I hate the feeling of a ring on my finger for some reason... must have ultra sensitive skin. :D (Don't even ask about my issues with my back, *chuckle*)

The Secret of Zir'an

This is one game that I am really dying to see - check it out. Think Eberron meets Final Fantasy with a touch of Indiana Jones/Sky Captain. It looks damn cool! I love pulp-cinematic games, and SoZ has this is spades. The system looks odd, but I suspect that it will be like Fireborn fast-paced and entertaining.

So finally for now, talking about blogs. I've been struggling to find a "voice" for my blog. Obviously for those long standing readers I went through a pretty dark patch for a while, an my blog showed that. I've since removed those posts - mostly because they were things said while I was very upset and in a bad place.

Now... well I'm still searching for the right balance, but I hope you'll be able to hang around to follow it all.

Until later,

Keep smiling!

Conan

No comments: